Author: Sheryl Kurland at Everlasting Matrimony
Title: 50 Ways to be cheap on Valentine’s Day Without Looking Cheap
While showing your love and appreciate for someone on Valentine’s Day isn’t about monetary confirmation, most of us feel the pressure to participate in the commercial rush. There are many ways to make your significant other feel special without breaking the bank. Here is a list of ways to romance your sweetheart on a budget.
- Create an indoor picnic with available props, i.e., picnic tablecloth, paper goods. Share finger foods and favorite treats along with a glass of wine or sparkling grape juice. Spice up “dessert.” Enjoy your picnic on the living room floor or in bed.
- Create a collage in a frame or decorate a unique-looking jar or box with craft items. Write numerous love notes on small pieces of paper and gather little reminders of your relationship and fill the jar or box with them. Present the jar to your sweetheart.
- Since Valentine’s Day is on a Saturday, celebrate with a day full of low-cost activities you both enjoy doing, like shopping or going to the movies. Do something with your significant other that he/she rarely has time to do, but loves.
- Take the person you love to experience something spectacular in nature: a sunset, a sunrise, the calm of the beach, share an evening walk gazing at the moon.
- Create a CD with songs that make you think of your sweetheart, and give it to him/her.
- Watch an old movie at home together, with popcorn and soft drinks and candy – movie-theater style.
- Pick a few household chores your Valentine usually does and surprise them by doing it before they get a chance, i.e., making the bed. It doesn’t sound romantic, but the thought will most certainly count.
- Present your Valentine IOU coupons: I will make dinner; I will do the laundry; I will take care of the kids one day a month for the next year; I will clean the kitchen for a week; I will serve you breakfast in bed.
- Plan a scavenger hunt. Write clues and place them in envelopes, and place the envelopes around town. Make the final clue a doozey of a destination.
- What did you do on your very first date? Repeat it.
See the full article by clicking the link below. Enjoy your Valentine’s Day with your loved one!
~ Cher Singleton